Ta’an Kwäch’än Council Salmon Stewardship Program
EDI assisted the Ta'an Kwach'an Council (TKC) with the design and implementation of a successful salmon stewardship program. This annual initiative has built capacity within the TKC membership in salmon related technical work while pursuing salmon enhancement strategies. The program involves monitoring of juvenile Chinook salmon, assessment of salmon habitat and surveying streams for spawning activity. A notable component of the project focuses on implementation of a Chinook Salmon Stock Restoration Plan for Fox Creek, which involves broodstock collection and incubation, as well as fry release and monitoring.
Our Role in the Project
- Extensive baseline data collection on fish and aquatic resources in the Ta’an Kwach’an Traditional Territory
- Fisheries expertise and senior technical support to the project includes:
- Providing input into the program workplan and study design.
- Training and mentoring stewards throughout the field season.
- Supervising field activities and assisting with data management, reporting and GIS mapping
- Assisting consultation with regulators.
Services we provided
We can help with your project.