Safety at EDI
EDI is strongly committed to providing a healthy and safe work environment. A balanced approach to safety in all aspects of our operations is key to our corporate culture. By integrating safety into our daily operations, we reinforce our commitment to protect of our staff, sub-contractors, clients, public, property, worksites and the environment through OHS guiding principles.
Our safety objective is to meet or exceed legislation, regulations and industry best practices.
We believe all injuries and incidents are preventable. To achieve this goal, we have developed extensive safe work practices and procedures, safety planning, and incident reporting and investigation systems that support EDI’s health and safety performance and promote awareness to all employees.
Safety Starts with Me! Active participation by everyone, every day, on every project is required to achieve a healthy and safe work environment for all.
Life Saving Rules - Safety is one of EDI’s core values. These Life Saving Rules reflect our corporate culture and supports the safety of our employees, contractors and work environment. They are the safety fundamentals that staff and contractors must know to protect everyone on worksites.
- Safety at Work – I do not put myself and others in danger. Safety Starts with Me!
- Safety Systems – Comply with EDI’s Safety Systems, government legislation and regulations, use the appropriate personal protective equipment and do not override safety critical equipment.
- Driving – Operate vehicles in a safe manner, comply with all local regulations; wear seatbelts, practice defensive driving, follow your travel plan, do not use cellphones or hands-free devices.
- Transport & Lifting – While moving or stationary, position yourself and body parts in safe positions when lifting or handling material, chemicals, equipment, or tools.
- Hazards – Identify, control and report all hazards.
- Training – Only operate equipment or conduct tasks that you have been trained and are certified to use.
Safety Recognition & Certification
EDI is committed to high safety standards and is continually improving upon them; this is recognized with our COR certification through the following certifying partners:
- BC Forest Safety Council (BC)
- Alberta Association of Safety Partnerships (AB)
- Northern Safety Network (Yukon)
Contact our Safety Director, Dennis Thideman, at email@example.com for additional information.
In addition to our COR Certifications, EDI is registered and in good standing with the following qualifying partners
- Complyworks Canada