Mt. Milligan Gold & Copper Mine
Located approximately 140 km northwest of Prince George, British Columbia, Thompson Creek Metals’ Mt. Milligan copper-gold project became operational as scheduled in September of 2013. EDI has supported the Milligan project since 2007, initially conducting fisheries assessments and developing the Environmental Management Plan for access road construction. EDI carried out baseline assessments in support of application submission to the BC Environmental Assessment Office and Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency for the open pit mine. During construction phases of the road works, mine site, and transmission line, EDI provided environmental monitoring services, and conducted migratory bird active nest surveys, wildlife habitat feature surveys, and amphibian salvages. We continue to contribute to this project by assisting Thompson Creek Metals with post-construction effectiveness monitoring of fisheries compensation projects.
Our Role in the Project
- Fisheries and fish habitat assessments for road works.
- Aquatic and terrestrial assessments used in BCEAO and CEAA submissions.
- Water quality, amphibian, bird nest and wildlife surveys.
- Sediment and erosion control planning for road works.
- Environmental Monitoring for all aspects of the mine construction.
- Coordination with local First Nation environmental monitors.
- Effectiveness monitoring of fisheries compensation projects.
Services we provided
We can help with your project.