Environmental leadership… It’s the way we roll.
September 22, 2015
We are proud to be named a Semi-Finalist for the Prince George Chamber of Commerce Environmental Leadership Award along with Canfor, PS Piano Service and UNBC Pave the Way. Please click here for details.
This is our 3rd nomination for this award; therefore, please excuse us if we are less focused on being humble and more focused on winning! Here are some of our initiatives that may persuade the judges...
- Our Prince George office "hired" 1,000 worms in an effort to reduce our organic plant waste and create nutrient rich soil for home use. Read more...
- We were the inaugural Sustainability Sponsor for the 2014 Prince George Business Excellence Awards and assisted in bringing a 100 mile menu (among other initiatives) to the evening gala
- We enthusiastically sponsor and participate in the annual Bike to Work Week in Prince George, leading our business category in most years for the amount of greenhouse gases averted
- We are 1 of 8 Prince George businesses that participated in a program focusing on carbon footprint identification and reduction. Read more...
- All of our offices have established recycling programs and segregation of waste streams
- All of our offices have replaced the standard upright water cooler with in-line water filtration systems. This intiative minimizes our carbon footprint by doing away with our need for plastic bottles and refrigeration
- All of our offices actively review and use low emmission vehicles as much as possible.
If you are a member of the Prince George Chamber of Commerce, please vote.